Hope Community Resources' Deaf Supports Team offers support and services to Deaf and Hard of Hearing individuals in a manner that is free of cultural or language barriers. Our staff members in Deaf Supports are fluent in American Sign Language (ASL) and well-versed in Deaf culture. We have extensive experience working with deaf adults and children of many cultures and communities; from Anchorage to very remote parts of Alaska. (Pictured above are Sharon Miranda and Michael Merritt.)
Hope Community Resources, Inc.
Physical Address: 3500 E. 20th Ave., Anchorage, AK 99508
Mailing Address: 540 W. International Airport Rd., Anchorage, AK 99518
We offer two programs:
- Deaf Navigator program - visit our Deaf Navigator Facebook page to stay informed on current activities and events
- Rural Deaf Student Support program
If you are looking for information about working with a sign language interpreter, click here!
For information on the terminology used regarding Deaf Supports and services, click here!
Currently recruiting for Host Families for our Rural Deaf Student Support Program, click here!
To join our mailing list for deaf socials and events, click here!
Watch last year's Deaf Awareness Week videos:
- Sunday September 19, 2021: Andrew Foster, ATLA, AKSD
- Monday September 20, 2021: Nathie Lee Marbury, AKRID, ADC
- Tuesday September 21, 2021: Sharon Ann Dror, SESA, RnR Interpreting
- Wednesday September 22, 2021: Sanzan Tani, DDC, SSG
- Thursday September 23, 2021: Dummy Hoy, J&D Interpreting, Plexus
- Friday September 24, 2021: Hope Community Resources, Division of Vocational Rehabilitation, Oneida
- Saturday September 25, 2021: Riækt Consulting, Mat-Su Borough School District, Ninestar Education, ASL Storybook: "Boy", Program for Infants & Children
We invite you to check out these Alaska Children's Books in ASL:
- Mama Do You Love Me?
- Alaska's Three Little Pigs
- The Giant Cabbage: An Alaska Folktale
- Patsy Ann of Alaska
- Sitka Rose
- Anna Across the Arctic
Interpreting services available in Anchorage and Mat-Su:
Alaska Interpreting Alliance – Video Remote Interpreting
Contact: Kathleen Bodolay
PO Box 2088
Palmer, Alaska 99645
Cell (voice & text): 907-982-2751
Contact: Shawn Schramski
PO Box 222504
Anchorage, AK 99522
Sign Language Interpreters (SLI)
Contact: Linda Suter